Our school has a long history centred around the life of St Brendan the Navigator.
- St. Brendan's is a Parish Primary School providing a Catholic Education for families.
- St. Brendan' s opened in 1891.
- Sisters of Mercy arrived at St. Brendan's in 1899.
- St. Brendan's has a rich history of providing a quality Catholic Education.
- St. Brendan's has grown significantly over the years and has had a number of large building projects to accommodate increasing enrolments.
- Full history of the school is available on www.sbshepparton.catholic.edu.au
Who was St. Brendan?
- St. Brendan The Navigator is the Patron Saint of our School.
- St. Brendan was a navigator who originated from Ireland.
- He sailed the seven seas in a carrach made from oxen hide.
- He sailed the seas for seven years.
- We celebrate St. Brendan' s Feast Day on May 16th.
The School Hymn to St. Brendan The Navigator is available to purchase in CD format from the school office.
We have a stained glass window of The Voyage of St. Brendan in the Community Information Centre.